MIM Navigation

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Editing Makes {ALL} the Difference




It's time to shout it from the rooftops...Whitley is here! Which means that {Birth Announcements} are a must! After picking out my favorite and {oh-so-perfect} picture, it's time to edit. I'm a big believer in editing. Why??? Because not everyone is a professional photographer. You know who I'm talking about...Do you {ALWAYS} keep your camera on that green square??? ...gotta love automatic!

Here's a little confession...It took me a very long time to be {BOLD} enough to change my camera settings from auto to manual. Let's face it...who has time to learn when you have a toddler?!? The beauty of editing is you can typically keep your camera setting on auto and still get that professional look.

Yesterday I downloaded some new Lightroom presets and brushes on Etsy from Little Robot Presets. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Lightroom, it's a {MUST} for mommies everywhere...well, for mommies that are Photoshop {CHALLENGED}. Though Lightroom limits you to photo editing only, it is {WAY} more user-friendly compared to Photoshop...especially with presets and brushes...and a few youtube video tutorials. With a few clicks you can completely take a photograph from good to {GREAT}. I highly recommend!

Lightroom Presets: Little Robot Presets
Fabric Headband: Flourishing Creations




2 comments:

  1. i like to keep both the edited and original copy of my babies' photos so i have the one that looks as it really was along with the idealized version

    ReplyDelete